The Orlando Public Library is the headquarters and resource center for the Orange County Library System. The Library has been located at this site since its beginnings as the Albertson Public Library in 1923. Public Reference Departments in the Orlando Public Library include Children's, Library Central, and Learning Central. The Children's Library offers spacious areas, special programs, computers and story rooms for our youngest readers and readers to be. The Technology and Education Center is located on the second floor and includes the Dorothy Lumley Melrose Center for Technology, Innovation and Creativity. The Friends of the Library Third Floor Bookstore is open daily and recycles withdrawn and donated books to the community.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment videos and DVDs, recorded music, world language materials, a Young Adult collection, Florida Collection, Disney archive as well as magazines for leisure reading and research plus microfilm.
- Public computers offering Internet access, and online reference resources including the Library catalog are located throughout the building.
- Three computer labs allows us to teach classes for PC and MAC users. Our friendly and knowledgeable Technology and Customer Support Specialists teach over one hundred and thirty classes a month.
- Drive-up window on Wall Street allows patrons to return items while remaining in their cars.
- Four meeting rooms available for use by non-profit organizations. Request a room online or call us at 407.835.7323. Reading areas and study rooms for small groups of six or less are located on each of the four public levels.
- Tours of the Orlando Public Library are available by appointment, please call the Community Relations Office.
- Tiny Tales for Babies ages Birth to 18 months Friday and Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
- Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months every Friday and Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
- Storybook Fun for ages 3-5 on Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Cuentame un Cuento, bilingual story program, every 1st Saturday of the month at 11:00 a.m.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year by the Library, Friends of the Library, and Community Organizations.