Youth Art Contest and Show
Display Your Art in the Library and Enter the Youth Art Contest!
All artwork submitted will be displayed at the Orlando Public Library during the month of February. Submit your completed Official Entry Form and art in person between December 13, 2019 and January 21, 2020 to the Orlando Public Library's Children's Department. Winners will be announced at the Youth Art Show Reception at the Orlando Public Library on Saturday, February 15, 3:30 p.m. Prizes will be awarded by age group.
All types of media are permitted. Open to students in grades K-12. Prizes will be awarded by grade. Read the complete submission rules below and print the entry form.
Participants must have a regular, property owner, or fee card in good standing to win. Virtual Library Card not accepted. Sign up for a library card online or when you submit artwork.
- Students may submit one piece of artwork.
- Participants must be in grades K–12.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- An Official Entry Form is required with each piece of art.
- Sculptures should be no larger than 35” x 35” x 10”.
- Hanging devices must be placed on art that is meant to be hung. Matted artwork preferred.
- Art must be original, not photocopied or reproduced.
- Only art created in 2019 or 2020 will be accepted.
- Artwork that contains inappropriate content, including but not limited to profanity, vulgarity, excessive violence, drug or alcohol use or material considered offensive to any religious or ethnic groups, gender or physically or mentally challenged persons will be disqualified.
- By submission, the artist grants permission for the Library to display, photograph and reproduce the submitted work for publicity purposes.
- OCLS is not responsible for lost or damaged art.
- To be eligible to win, participants must have a juvenile Orange County Library regular, property owner or fee card in good standing. OCLS staff and their families, including Board Members, are ineligible to win.
- Winners will be featured on this web page.
- Art must be picked up by March 31, 2020.
- Call 407.835.7323 for more information.