The Washington Park Branch serves the Carver Shores and Metrowest areas, along with the many other subdivisions and local businesses surrounding it. The Washington Park branch has a history that dates back to 1924. It is a combination of the former Booker T. Washington and Washington Shores Libraries. The two branches combined as one and opened in this current location on April 11, 1984. Although small, the glass walls on the front and back of the building create a bright, airy and comfortable atmosphere.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment DVDs, as well as recorded music.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Regularly scheduled children's programming each week.
- Various events and classes for adults and children are offered throughout the year.
- The branch has an Early Literacy Stations™ (ELS) which is a self-contained bilingual educational computer for children, with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas.