End of Summer Celebration
Log on and tune in for our live End of Summer Celebration. Join the virtual party on Facebook or YouTube as we celebrate all the new things we’ve learned and stories we’ve read this summer.
The whole family will enjoy new activities and lots of fun with our special mystery guests. We’ll also be announcing the winners of our grand prize giveaway.
Grand Prize Giveaway
Do you want a chance to win an amazing grand prize? Then get ready to complete the 600-Minute Reading Challenge! Just read 20 minutes a day and log at least 600 minutes by July 31 to be entered into the prize drawing for your age group. You can win exciting prizes like bicycles, eReaders, art sets, laptops, science kits, scooters, LEGO sets, camping gear, gift cards and more!
- Beanstack users: all reading minutes must be logged by July 31. Once completed, the reader will be automatically entered into the grand prize drawing through their Beanstack account. Minutes logged after this date will not be counted toward prize-winning eligibility.
- Reading tracker users: the tracker must be fully filled out and turned in by July 31 for entry into the grand prize drawing. No reading trackers will be accepted after July 31.
- Only participants ages 0-17 are eligible to enter the Grand Prize Giveaway. An Orange County Library card in good standing is required to win – including property owner and fee cards. One entry per person. Reciprocal borrowers, OCLS staff and their families, including board members, are ineligible. Participants are able to win one prize each.
- Winners will be contacted by phone/email and publicly announced on August 7. Winners’ first name and last initial will be posted online.
Summer Reading Goodie Bags
Track and log your reading minutes this summer to receive a goodie bag full of fun surprises! Once you’ve completed 300 minutes, come to any branch location, starting July 1, to pick up your goodie bag, while supplies last.
Here's what to do:
- Beanstack: You will receive an email once you’ve logged 300 reading minutes. Present the email to library staff at any location to get your goodie bag.
- Reading tracker: Once you’ve marked off 300 reading minutes on your paper tracker, bring it to any library branch and staff will give you a goodie bag.