At this time we are unable to accept applications or take inquiries regarding volunteering online or by phone. Thank you for your interest.
Do you need something to do after school or on the weekends? Volunteer with the Teen Library Corps and give back a little "TLC" to your library and your community!
As a teen volunteer, you will be able to assist with events, give suggestions for teen services, write reviews, meet new people and earn community service hours for school.
Application Process and Orientation
Teens between the ages of 13 and 18 with an Orange County resident, property owner, or fee card in good standing, who love to have fun, are eligible to apply at any Orange County Library System location.
A background check and orientation are required.
Qualifications and Skills
- An interest in helping others
- Willingness to perform a variety of projects and tasks
- Dependability: willingness to complete assigned projects/tasks and fulfill volunteer commitment
- Capable of following instructions, working independently and focusing on fairly detailed tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff members
- Be respectful to others and follow the OCLS Rules of Conduct
For More Information
If you have more questions about TLC, you may contact AskOCLS@ocls.info or give us a call at 407.835.7323. You can also stop by your local library.