The Orange County Library System provides Study Rooms at the Orlando Public Library for use by adult library card holders. The contact person who books the Study Room must have a Resident, Property Owner or Fee Library card in good standing.
The individual reserving the Study Room agrees to comply with the Library’s Study Room Policy, the Study Room User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct. A completed booking under a library card number shall serve as authorization that the cardholder has electronically signed and agreed. The Library shall not discriminate in granting permission for the use of Study Rooms on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, national origin or disability. In permitting an individual or group to use a Study Room, the Library does not imply any endorsement of the individual’s or the group's beliefs, policies, practices or program.
- Requirements for Study Room Reservation
- Study Room reservations may be made online (preferred method), by phone, or in person. Study Rooms are located on the third and fourth floors of the Orlando Public Library. A Study Room may be reserved for one session per day for up to four hours and may be booked up to six days in advance.
- To check in, the person booking the room must be present with their Library card at the Information Desk on the third or fourth floor of the Orlando Public Library.
- If you have not checked in to the Study Room within 30 minutes of the start of your reservation, your reservation for that day is forfeited and the room will be available for another customer to reserve.
- In addition to forfeiting the reservation, failure to check in to the Study Room within 30 minutes of the start of your reservation will result in a $5 no-show fee charged to the card holder that booked the room.
- The Library has priority use of Study Rooms at the Orlando Public Library. Upon notice and for adequate reasons, without limitation, the Library may revoke permission to use a Study Room if it is needed for use by the Library. The Library will endeavor to avoid cancellations, and when they occur, try to offer an alternative space if available. The Library will attempt to give advance notice should a cancellation become necessary.
- No entrance or admission fee may be charged for any use of our Study Rooms. Solicitation of donations or requests for contributions are not permitted.
- Individuals and groups using a Study Room agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Study Room Policy, Study Room User Agreement, and the Library Rules of Conduct.
- The Library Director, or designee, reserves the right to reject a reservation if the anticipated use of the Study Room is likely to be unreasonably disruptive to regular Library functions, too large for the applicable room capacity, disorderly, dangerous to persons or property, or in any other way inconsistent with or in contravention of any of the terms and conditions of the Policy or the Library Rules of Conduct. In determining whether such likelihood exists, the Library Director, or designee, may take into consideration the history of the group's Study Room use in the Library, and such other information as he or she may deem appropriate.
- Failure to Comply with Study Room Requirements
Failure to comply with the stipulations in the Study Room Policy and Study Room User Agreement may result in the inability to book Study Rooms in the future. All participants must follow the Rules of Conduct.
- Use of Facilities
- If the use of a Study Room disturbs regular Library operations, the Library reserves the right to immediately terminate such use. The group, or individual, upon notification of a disturbance, will immediately discontinue the disturbance or vacate the premises.
- Materials may not be affixed to the walls, ceilings, doors or windows. Decorating, confetti, glitter or other items which make cleaning or vacuuming difficult, burning candles, incense, pyrotechnics, or any type of open flame is not permitted.
- Chairs and tables are provided. The person reserving the Study Room is required to return furniture to original set-up prior to the end of the reservation.
- You must exit promptly at the end of your scheduled session. If you leave prior to your scheduled end time, you must notify staff at the Information Desk.
- Cleaning up the room, including disposing of trash and cleaning whiteboards and tables, is the responsibility of the persons using the Study Room.
- In consideration of the use of a Study Room and Library facilities, any person using a Study Room hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Library from any and all actions and lawsuits related to its use of such Study Rooms and facilities. Furthermore, such person agrees to reimburse the Library for any and all costs for repair or any special cleaning that may be required and all damage that may be caused directly or indirectly to the Study Room and/or facilities by such use. Such costs will be charged to the contact person's Library card account. If any person refuses to pay for the damage, the matter will be referred to the Library's attorney for legal action and the group will lose further Study Room booking privileges.
- The Library will not provide electronic or other support materials. Study group organizers are permitted to bring their own equipment but Library staff will not support its operation.
- User Agreement
The individual reserving the Study Room agrees to comply with the Library’s Study Room Policy, the Study Room User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct. A completed booking under a library card number shall serve as authorization that the cardholder has electronically signed and agreed.