Summer Reading Program 2020 End of Summer Celebration
Log on and tune in for our live End of Summer Celebration. Join the virtual party on Facebook or YouTube as we celebrate all the new things we’ve learned and stories we’ve read this summer.
The whole family will enjoy new activities and lots of fun with our special mystery guests. We’ll also be announcing the winners of our grand prize giveaway.
Are you ready to party? We’re here to help you celebrate in style! Check out our activity sheet for fun and easy tips to create your very own Summer Reading Celebration watch party!
Grand Prize Giveaway
Are you ready for your chance to win an amazing grand prize? Then get ready to complete the 600 Minute Reading Challenge! Everyone who reads and logs at least 600 minutes this summer will be entered into the grand prize drawing for their age group. You can win exciting prizes like tickets to local attractions, gift cards for popular stores and restaurants, tickets to an Orlando Magic game and more!
- If your family is using Beanstack, all reading minutes must be logged by July 24. Once completed, the reader will be automatically entered into the grand prize drawing through their Beanstack account. Minutes logged after this date will not be counted toward prize winning eligibility.
- If your family is using the reading tracker, it must be fully completed and turned in by July 24 for entry into the grand prize drawing. No reading trackers will be accepted after this date.
- Winners will be chosen randomly on July 27 and notified by phone and/or e-mail. Participants may only win one prize each. Only participants ages 0–17 are eligible to enter. One entry per person. An Orange County Library regular, property owner or fee card in good standing is required to win. Reciprocal borrowers, OCLS staff and their families, including board members, are ineligible. Winners will be publicly announced August 1, and their first name and last initial will be posted online.
Summer Reading Goodie Bags
Track and log your reading minutes this summer to receive a goodie bag full of fun surprises! Once you’ve completed the 600 Minute Reading Challenge, come to any branch location between July 13 – August 1 to pick up your goodie bag.
Here's what to do:
- Beanstack: You will receive a Proof of Completion e-mail once you’ve logged 600 reading minutes. Present the e-mail to library staff at any location to get your goodie bag.
- Reading tracker: Once you’ve marked off 600 reading minutes on your paper tracker, return it to any library branch and staff will give you a goodie bag. Remember to fill out the entry form on the back!
- Please note: Friday, July 24 is the deadline to complete the 600 Minute Reading Challenge and be entered into the Grand Prize Giveaway drawing. Any minutes logged or reading trackers submitted after this date will NOT be eligible for a grand prize, but you still may receive a goodie bag while supplies last.