Located in the Orange Blossom Center, the South Trail Branch is a welcoming and colorful library full of sunshine. The branch is located in a shopping center and adjacent to numerous multi-family housing units. It is a popular spot for children and families.
The history of the South Trail Branch spans more than five decades. It began as the Fort Gatlin Branch at 105 Gatlin Avenue in 1965 and moved to the corner of Holden Avenue and South Orange Blossom Trail in 1981. The move across the street to the current site in the Orange Blossom Center took place in 1996.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment DVDs, and recorded music.
- Public computers provide access to the Internet, word processing, and online reference resources including the library catalog.
- The branch has Early Literacy Stations (ELS), self-contained, bilingual computers for children with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas.
- Two meeting rooms are available for use by groups. Please call 407.835.7323 for information about reserving a room.
- Zero to Five Storytime is offered every week. Zero to Five Storytime is a fun-filled story program with a learning twist that teaches, motivates and entertains. Recommended for ages 0-5.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.