Located in the Orange Blossom Center, the South Trail Branch is an open, bright branch with lots of sunshine. The branch is located in a commercial center, adjacent to numerous multi-family housing units and is a popular spot for children and families.
The history of South Trail branch spans almost four decades. It began as the Ft. Gatlin branch at 105 Gatlin Avenue in 1965. The branch moved to the corner of Holden Avenue and South Orange Blossom Trail in 1981. The move across the street to the current site in the Orange Blossom Center took place in 1996.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment DVDs, and recorded music.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- The branch has an Early Literacy Station (ELS) which is a self-contained bilingual educational compter for children, with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas.
- Two meeting rooms are available for use by groups. Please contact the branch for more information.
- Regularly scheduled story program Smarty Pants each week. Smarty Pants is a fun-filled story program with a learning twist that teaches, motivates and entertains. Recommended for ages 0-5.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.