The Edgewater Branch has been a part of the local community since the first branch opened its doors in 1950 as the College Park branch at 703 Smith Street, where it remained until 1956. After several moves over the next four decades, the branch arrived, in 1997, at its current location in the Northgate Plaza. Edgewater is convenient to residents of College Park, Lockhart, Eatonville and the Rosemont area.
Services and Programs
- The library collection offers a wide variety of books, and audio books. Entertainment and informational DVDs are available as well as a diverse selection of CD music. View the languages we have material for at this location.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Our computer lab allows us to teach classes for PC and MAC users. Our friendly and knowledgeable Technology and Customer Support Specialists teach over fifty classes a month.
- Regularly scheduled Story Programs each week. Smarty Pants is a fun-filled story program with a learning twist that teaches, motivates and entertains. Recommended for ages 0-5.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.