The Chickasaw Branch is the newest addition to the Orange County Library System. It is located in east Orange County on North Chickasaw Trail near the corner of Valencia College Lane. The branch is minutes away from several educational institutions (including elementary and middle schools and Valencia College) making it a popular spot for students of all ages. This library boasts several unique features including a pebble chime, modern architectural awnings and two outdoor decks where the community can relax and enjoy our great Florida weather. Opened on July 18, 2015, the Chickasaw Branch was funded by a Florida Library Construction Grant.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, informational and entertainment DVDs, and music CDs. Enjoy the latest movie releases and bestsellers! View languages we have material for at this location.
- Public computers provide Internet access, word processing, and online reference resources including the Library catalog. Browse the Virtual Library for reliable information at your fingertips.
- Two Early Literacy Stations™ (ELS), a self-contained bilingual educational computer for children with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas.
- Computer lab with 12 computers for a variety of technology classes in English and Spanish.
- Fab Lab with 6 computers, a 3d printer, and language learning software and classes.
- Enjoy regularly scheduled Story Programs each Tuesday. Storytellers present Tiny Tales for babies ages Birth to 18 months, Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months, and Storybook Fun for preschoolers.
- A stage for entertainment and educational presentations. We offer various programs and displays for adults and children throughout the year.
- Two meeting rooms which can be reserved and combined into one larger room.
- Two co-working rooms which can be reserved and combined into one larger room.