2019 Lego® Contest
Contestant Check-in: 1:30 - 1:45 p.m.
Enter the eighth annual OCLS LEGO® Contest and show off your LEGO® creation. Join us for fun demonstrations and vote in the People’s Choice Award!
Categories are Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1 - 3 and Grades 4 - 6.
Pre-registration is required!
Sign up now or call 407.835.7323.
Registration closes Thursday, December 5, 6 p.m.
Contest Rules & Guidelines
- Pre-registration required. Call 407.835.7323 or go online to register by December 5, 6 p.m.
- Use your own LEGO®, DUPLO®, MEGA BLOKS® or other LEGO®-compatible plastic bricks.
- Your creation must fit within a space of 24" wide x 15" long.
- Your completed project must be no taller than 4' tall.
- Entries exceeding maximum dimensions will not be considered for prizes.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a kit, project found online or in a magazine, etc.
- Bring your completed project to the library for the competition. Unfinished projects will not be accepted.
- Entries must be taken home after the ceremony ends.
- One entry per participant.
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories: Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-3 and Grades 4-6.
- Older students may exhibit their projects, but will not be eligible to compete.
- Pre-K & Kindergarten projects will be judged on the following criteria: Building Skills, Imagination, Use of Color and Awesomeness.
- Grades 1-6 projects will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity & Originality, Execution, Complexity, Design Decisions and Awesomeness.
- Your LEGO® creation will be on display and open to public viewing. The library is not responsible for damage or loss.
- A panel of judges will determine the winners. The judges' decisions are final.
- Each child must register using their own Orange County Library System regular, property owner or fee card in good standing.
- Family members of OCLS staff, including Board Members, are ineligible to win.
- Check-in for the contest is from 1:30-1:45 p.m. on December 7 at the Orlando Public Library, 101 E. Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801. If you are not present at this time, your space will be opened to another contestant. Judging will start promptly at 2 p.m.
- Limited to the first 100 entries.