Libraries are vibrant centers of learning for everyone, including educational instructors. At the Orange County Library System, we believe as providers of informal learning and technology education, we can assist schools and engage communities.
Thank you for your interest in the Library University at the Orlando Public Library. This structured, daylong event will be held on June 14, 2018 at the Dorothy Lumley Melrose Center for Technology, Innovation, and Creativity on the second floor of the Orlando Public Library. By providing awareness of Library information, resources, and services, library staff members hope to enhance understanding of educators regarding the services the Library provides the community and to strengthen the partnership between the Library and educational instructors and institutions. Agenda topics include Maker, STEM, Coding, Audio/Video, Life Skills, Digital Resources, and More! (agenda topics subject to change)
Library University is open to all full-time educators at a third – twelve grade level in the Orange County, Florida School District for the 2018 school year. All participants have the opportunity to earn a $75 honorarium to learn about Library resources and promote Library services in schools. OCPS Educators may earn in-service points for participating. Participants are required to complete the entire day of activities (from 8:30 - 4:30 p.m.) to receive the honorarium. Applicants must have an Orange County Library Card in good standing and receive approval from their administrators prior to submitting an application for the event. Each application will be reviewed for clarity and completeness. All applications must be received by April 15, 2018. All accepted applicants will be notified in writing by May 15, 2018. Accepted applicants must RSVP by May 23, 2018. Space is limited. Please email LibraryU@ocls.info with any questions about this opportunity.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Accepted Applicants Notified: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- Accepted Applicants RSVP Deadline: Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- Library University: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Testimonials from Past Participants
- “Great training! Everything ran smoothly, from parking, navigating the library, all of the different sessions... etc. Thank you for this opportunity!”
- "This was easily the most useful professional development I have ever had."
- "We should all be working together on literacy and I am going to share all of this with my teachers and students.”
- "This was one of the best training sessions I've been to. Why? Hands on, touring the building. Lots of classes."