Science Online is one of the best online library resources for general science information. It is a recommended resource for elementary, middle, and high school students, and it will be useful for anyone seeking information about scientific concepts, terms, and much more. This resource includes diagrams, experiments, biographical information, and videos to help enhance the user's understanding of science topics.
- Coverage for chemistry, earth science, environmental science, physics, and several other disciplines
- More than 1,300 science experiments sorted by grade level and time required
- Biographical information for well-known scientists and researchers
- Current news coverage for science topics sorted by subject
Use this great resource to:
- View or download more than 8,000 diagrams, illustrations, images, plus more than 500 videos and animations
- Search the included science dictionary for key terms and definitions
- Find entries related to national and state "Science Standards," including those specific to Florida
Science Online is found in the Science section of the Online Databases and can be used with other useful tools, like Gale Virtual Reference Library.
Available with your library card and PIN from all library computers and from your home or office computer. For more information about applying for a library card, visit Get Your Card.