The Orange County Library System Introduces
Through a grant from IBM, the Library is pleased to offer access to Tradúcelo Ahora (Translate Now), which offers the ability to translate e-mails and websites from English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
Tradúcelo Ahora breaks down the language barrier between people. An e-mail sent in English can be translated into Spanish. When a person responds in Spanish, it will be translated into English.
The Tradúcelo also has the ability to translate websites from English to Spanish. This capability will help Spanish speakers find information on jobs, health, human services and other resources quickly and easily. You can get more information about Tradúcelo Ahora from the service's website.
With Tradúcelo Ahora
- Parents can communicate with their child’s teacher
- Schools can reach out to all their students and parents
- Doctors and patients can share information regarding medicine and appointments
- People looking for a job can find job listings in their language.
All that is required is
Translate Your e-mails
To start having your e-mails translated, all you will need is an e-mail account and to register with Tradúcelo Ahora. (You must have the OCLS passcode to register.) If you have questions and e-mail translation, you can find answers in the e-mail translation FAQs.
Translate a website
To translate a Web page or website, you will need to follow these steps:
- Get the project passcode for using Tradúcelo Ahora's website translation. You will need your valid Orange County Library System card number and your Library PIN. You will need to log in to get the passcode.
- Register with Tradúcelo Ahora using the project passcode you just got. Enter Orange County Library System as your School/Organization in the registration form.
- Then sign in to Tradúcelo Ahora using the user account you just created.
- Then enter in the name of the site you want to translate.
You can get more detailed instructions or find answers to frequently asked questions on Tradúcelo Ahora's website.