Notes for 2008
December 23, 2008
I. Teen Annual Bash Reflection
Members had fun; it was great time meeting friends especially whom they had not seen for a long time. There was a sense of closeness among those who attended.
Areas for improvement:
• Have Wii games started earlier.
• Pizzas were really good. More next year please! : )
II. Teen Voices Web Content
• Book reviews: reviews of books that members have read, liked, and wanted to share with other teens.
• Graphics: All members will try to sketch a graphic for the web page of Teen Voices. ‘Round table’ concept (as agreed upon in last meeting) is to be considered as the guideline for content of sketches.
• Hot picks links: Link library’s teen related web sites to main page of Teen Voices plus other high interest links.
• Teen Voices Members/TLC Members’ Avatars: Members submit Avatars or real photos with photo consents.
• Other suggestions: Chat room for live chat between Teen Voices members and other teens?
III. Teen Voice Contests
Program contests: Program Contest and Poetry Contest. Members will start coming up with content for flyers for these contests in next meeting.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, January 27, 2009
November 25, 2008
I. Ice Breaker
Teen Voices President presented ice breaker
II. Annual Teen Bash in December
Songs to play during the Teen Bash:
- Vanilla Ice
- T. I “Whatever you like”
- T-Pain – I can’t believe It
- Chris Brown – Forever
- Usher don’t matter
III. Promotion of Teen Voices
- Check back again with one Teen Voices member about a sketch depicting Teen Voices activity; suggested image for sketch: round table with people sitting around talking/discussing.
- Web content:
o Book reviews.
o Sketches of Teen Voices members discussing around a round table.
o Hot picks links: Members will submit one or two web sites that they like for hot picks.
o Teen Voices Members’ Avatars: Members will submit them.
o Other suggestions: Playlist on Teen Voice page.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 23, 2008
October 28, 2008
I. Ice Breaker
Teen Voice president presented the post-it note ice breaker.
II. Election of New Officers
Election of new officers was held.
III. Promotion of Teen Voices Page
Teen Voices members came up with the following ideas to promote Teen Voices Page:
- Commercial movie about Teen Voices.
- Link of teen blog on Teen Voices page.
- One member will ask his friend to sketch a graphic for the web page of Teen Voices.
- Teen Voices contests: Best Teen Program Contest? Short Story Contest?
- New Teen Voices flyer: Teen Voices activities and images of new officers.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 25, 2008
September 23, 2008
I. Ice Breaker
Teen Voices president presented the post-it note ice breaker.
II. Teen Voice Zine
Members came together to create the Teen Voice zine. Multiple copies will be made to distribute to other teens on the Zine workshop day on Wednesday, October 1st, 2008.
III. Promotion of OCLS Teen Web Pages
Discussed the possibility of creating a flyer to promote OCLS Teen Web pages.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 28, 2008
August 26, 2008
I. Prizes Ideas for Teens
• Video games
• Subscription to teen magazines
• MP3 files as email attachments to winners
• Starbuck coffee coupons
• Game cube
• Comic books
• Coupons to eat at the library coffee café
II. Ideas for Annual Teen Bash in December
• Theme: Winter
• Activities: free food, concert, raffle tickets, board games, video games, art and crafts, karaoke, standup comedy.
• Decoration: decorate Squirt into Snow Man, red & white candy pole, fake snow (add water to turn into snow!), Christmas tree.
III. Ideas for Zine Workshop Script
Date: Wednesday, October 1st
- Ice breaker: Post-it Note
- Other activities other than making zines: 10 questions quiz (IQ test using common sense)
IV. Teens did their own zines
View the 2009 Teen Voices Meeting Notes
View the 2006 Teen Voices Meeting Notes