Making the Most of Your Library Card
Welcome to the Orange County Library System. Here's how to get the
most from your card and your library. Download PDF version
Let's Get Started!
Some important things to remember about using your card:
- For the first 2 weeks while we complete the verification process, your card will be in a temporary status which offers you many services including the opportunity to checkout up to five items.
- Notify the Library immediately (407.835.7323) if your card is lost or misplaced so it can be deactivated. Caution: you will be responsible for items/fines/fees that accumulate on your card until the loss is reported. Replacement cards are available at any of our locations for $3.
- Please remember that your card may not be used by anyone other than you.
- If your home address, phone number, or e-mail address changes please notify the Library immediately by calling us, visiting any location or by submitting the information online at www.ocls.info through "Log in to My Account". If you have requested materials and they are delivered to the incorrect address you will remain responsible.
Your card will allow you to check out physical materials, including books, DVDs, music CDs, and audiobooks in a variety of formats. You can also attend classes and programs with your card, as well as call Questline (407-835-7323) to ask a question or get help with your account.
Now Get a PIN!
Your PIN is a gateway to convenient Internet and telephone services that are available 24/7. Once you obtain a PIN, here's what you can do with your library card when online:
In person at an OCLS location, having a PIN will allow you to:
- Access free WiFi.
- Use a computer to access the Internet or use a variety of applications.
- Use a self-service checkout station
To set your PIN, go to "Log in to My Account" at www.ocls.info and enter your last name and card number. Submit this information. If you do not have a PIN you will be asked to enter one.
What are the borrowing periods?
DVDs check out for one week. Everything else is checked out for three weeks. You'll get an itemized receipt with each checkout.
How do I renew materials?
Most circulating materials are eligible to be renewed up to three times. If someone else is waiting or if you’ve already renewed it three times, you'll need to return it or incur fines. To renew materials, visit "Log in to My Account" at www.ocls.info, or try our Renewal Line, 407.835.7323 (option 2).
Where can I return materials?
Materials may be returned to any Orange County Library System location, regardless from which OCLS location they were checked out. You may request a check-in receipt at any location when you return items during open hours at the service desk or at the Drive-Up Window. Items returned to the after hours book drop, found at every location, are checked in the next day that location is open.
What happens if I return something late or damaged?
Fines for overdue materials are $.25 per item per day.
Return your materials prior to the due date or before closing on the due date to avoid overdue fines. If an item is returned damaged or with a missing part, you may be charged the replacement cost of the item and a $5 handling fee. Delinquent accounts may be referred to a collection agency. View the fees and fines section for more information.
Why can't I use my card?
In order to check out, renew or request material, your account balance must be less than $10. If your balance is $10 or more, paying the entire amount is required to restore Library card service. You must have a zero balance to download audiobooks, e-books or songs, sign up for a computer session, register for a computer class, reserve a meeting room or study room, or access our wireless network. If you have questions about the status of your card, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I pay my fines?
You may pay fines at any library location, or online by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) through your library card account, or by calling Questline at 407-835-7323. Please note that we do not accept personal checks.
Thank you for using the Orange County Library System. We look forward to serving you.