Gun Control? The War on Terror? Affirmative Action? Immigration?
This full-text database is a virtual library of resources designed to aid researchers in the study of today's hottest social issues. Opposing Viewpoints in Context is not only a student’s dream database, it’s a terrific search tool, bringing together all the information that’s needed to fully understand an issue.
Easily searchable, simply type in your topic in the search box, or click on the word "Issues" in the navigation to bring up an alphabetical listing of topics. If you are unsure what to study, look to the Opposing Viewpoints in Context homepage for inspiration. It changes frequently and usually contains topics in the news broken down into categories such as: Business, Family Issues, Health, and Medicine.
As you explore this terrific resource you will see why it is one of our most popular databases. It contains many useful resources including:
- Viewpoints: more than 9,000 pro and con positions on a wide array of topics.
- Articles: the database contains over 2 million full-text articles from magazine, newspaper, and academic journals. You’re sure to find the most current information, since new articles are added daily.
- Statistics: there are nearly 6,000 statistical tables, charts and graphs on a wide variety of topics.
- Multimedia Resources: including audio, podcasts, and streaming video are incorporated to broaden the scope of subject matter and dynamically engage users.
- Websites: experts have chosen over 2,300 subject-indexed outside Websites to assist in follow up study.
- Primary Source Documents, Maps, Reference Books, Curriculum Standards and more!
Be sure to pair this up with one of our LibGuides, such as Go Green, or our Political LibGuide, to find all the resources available as an OCLS virtual user!
Available from all library computers and from your home or office computer 24/7 with your library card and a PIN number.