Biography in Context is a comprehensive resource that offers biographical information for more than 525,000 individuals. It spans history, present day, and across all disciplines and subject areas. Learn about people in entertainment, the arts, literature, science, business, politics, and more. This online resource includes biographical essays, news articles, academic journals, audio, video, and photos--all linked to specific people and topics.
- Search more than 170 reference sources, including: Contemporary Black Biography and the Dictionary of American Biography
- Full-text magazine articles from more than 290 sources
- Use Marquis Who’s Who to quickly find brief biographies
- More than 50,000 new or updated entries added each year
- Updated design with Web-friendly menus and navigation
This resource is frequently recommended by librarians for students at all grade levels. College students and researchers will also benefit from its many academic sources and its ease of use.
Biography in Context is featured in many of the Library's LibGuides, such as Black History Month and Pearl Harbor Remembered.
This resource is found in the Biography section of the Online Databases and can be used with other useful tools, like Literature Resource Center and World Book Online Reference Center.
Available from all library computers and from your home or office computer with your library card and PIN.