Teaching research methods has never been easier! Look it up in SIRS Researcher!
What makes SIRS Researcher so simple to use and easy to teach is the ability to readily browse topics and find information. You can view a quick start guide that will get you and your students up and running with SIRS. The front page also features, "Your Top 10 Pro vs. Con Leading Issues" with topics frequently used in research papers. Selecting one, such as "Teens and Driving" opens up a variety of news articles, a topic overview, and summarizes the two main arguments for and against the issue.
SIRS Researcher has unique features to aid learning, including:
- That's Debatable - Students can vote and engage in the debate they are researching.
- Today's News - Contains current issues both global and national.
- Spotlight of the Month - Specially selected articles provide an example to encourage research.
- Curriculum Pathfinders - These topics provide a variety of links for ease when looking for resources for a research topic.
In addition to these unique features, there are a variety of search methods for students of all ages.
- Targeted and Keyword Search - Located at the top of the page, this search box searching for a topic by typing it into the search function.
- Standards Search - Teachers can locate their state standards and resources which will enable the teaching of that standard.
- Topic Browse - Popular topics chosen and searched to help get a new researcher started and are filled with a wealth of information.
Pair this database with the Teacher Connect LibGuide for even more teaching and researching resources.
Available from all library computers and from your home or office computer with your library card and a PIN.