NewsBank's America's Newspapers offers online access to current and past newspaper content. Search the Orlando Sentinel, New York Times, and many other prominent papers from across the United States. It also includes smaller local publications, like the Orlando Weekly. NewsBank even offers video clips from national and local sources, including MTV News and selected broadcast television stations. This is a great tool for students, educators, and researchers at all levels.
America's Newspapers features include:
- Search single or multiple sources at once
- Offers more than 1,800 sources, most full-text
- Use "Special Reports" to learn about current events by browsing relevant articles, websites, and images
- Create a "Personal Account" to create saved searches, e-mail alerts, and more
- Choose sources based on location using NewsBank's map tool
Full-text sources include:
- Miami Herald: May 18, 1982 to current
- New York Times: January 1, 1985 to current
- Orlando Sentinel: April 1, 1985 to current
- Orlando Weekly: October 27, 2005 to current
- Tampa Tribune: January 1, 1990 to current
America's Newspapers is featured in many of the Library's topical Virtual Galleries, such as Political, Gardening, and Getting in Touch with Florida Nature.
This resource is found in the Magazines and Newspapers section of the Online Databases and can be used with other useful tools, like General OneFile or Opposing Viewpoints in Context.
Available with your library card and PIN from all library computers and from your home or office computer. For more information about applying for a library card, visit Get Your Card.