The Washington Park Branch serves the Carver Shores and Metrowest areas, along with the many other subdivisions and local businesses surrounding it. The Washington Park branch has a history that dates back to 1924. It is a combination of the former Booker T. Washington and Washington Shores Libraries. The two branches combined as one and opened in this current location on April 11, 1984. Although small, the glass walls on the front and back of the building create a bright, airy and comfortable atmosphere.
Build simple robots that reacts to light, sound and movement with these simple to use kits of electronic components. Learn how power, sensors and output devices can be compared to the human senses and actions. #afterschool
Learn word processing concepts and terminology. Learn how to create, edit and save a basic document. Use various formatting tools to enhance the overall look and feel of the document. Recommended Audience: Adult
The branch has an Early Literacy Stations™ (ELS) which is a self-contained bilingual educational computer for children, with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas.