Browse by Category - Top Ten - Random Pick
I log in to Freegal Music, accept the terms and conditions, and then I'm taken to the About Us page or given a notice that I'm not authorized to view the site.
There may be a setting on your computer that is preventing you from logging in to Freegal Music. There are a couple things you could try that may enable you to get through.
Try clearing your browser history and deleting your browser cookies. How to clear the browser cookies and history varies from browser to browser, but typically, you can do it by opening the browser, and clicking on the Tools menu. From there it might be under a "Delete browsing history" option (if you're are using Internet Explorer) or "Clear Recent History" (if you're using Firefox). From there, you should see options specific to browser history and cookies. If you are using Internet Explorer, you may also try putting your security settings back to default.
Internet Explorer setting
If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8, you may need to adjust how your browser treats temporary internet files. You can get to this option by following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Tool menu
- Select “Internet Options"
- In the General tab section, in the “Browsing history” area, click on the Settings button
- In the “Temporary Internet Files and History Settings” dialog box, select the option for “Every time I visit the webpage” (by default “Automatically” is selected)
- Click the OK button
- Click the Apply button
- Click OK
- Close Internet Explorer and then re-open it and try accessing Freegal Music again: http://www.ocls.info/FreegalMusic.asp
It’s possible there’s a conflict with any antivirus or firewall settings you have on your computer. If you are comfortable doing it, please try turning off your antivirus and/or firewall settings and try accessing Freegal Music again (beginning with the Freegal Music login page found here: http://www.ocls.info/FreegalMusic.asp).
Using the "Logout" link
This may also happen if another household member is not using the "Logout" link when done with the Freegal Music site (or if you are using Freegal Music on two different computers). Simply closing the browser does not clear a user's session from Freegal Music. To resolve this issue, try having the other person in the household use the "Logout" link in Freegal Music and then try accessing the site. You may need to clear your browser initially.
If none of these suggestions work, please send us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll continue to troubleshoot the issue:
- What browser you’re using (Internet Explorer? Firefox?)
- What’s your operating system? (Windows Vista? OSX?)
- What's your connection? (Dial-up? Broadband?)
- What’s your antivirus software?
If that doesn't answer your question, try searching for another question, or contact Help Desk