NOTE: Information about your library card and library policies will now be found in the Using the Library section of the new website. There you can browse the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which is grouped by topic OR use the search bar.
Browse by Category - Top Ten - Random Pick
Why donít I see any graphics when I go into the Morningstar database?
The problem you're experiencing may be due to the version of Internet browser on your computer. There may be two issues: 1) the default security settings are too high; 2) the cookies associated with the web sites.
1) To reduce the security settings
If you have a personal firewall on your PC, you may need to turn it down.
2) Enabling the browser to allow the specific web address:
Frequently, the problem you're experiencing can be fixed by doing the following:
At the top of your browser,
- Go to "Tools"
- Select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Privacy" tab
- Click on the "Sites" button.
- In the field at the top area of the page, type in the following web address: library.morningstar.com
- Click on the "Allow" button. (Notice in the field below, the Morningstar.com Library Edition web address appears with the phrase "always allow".
- Click on the "Ok" button.
- Click on the next "Ok" button.
- Click on the "Refresh" button at the top of your browser (between the Stop and Home buttons).
- Click on the Online Databases link, Morningstar Investment Research Center, and go back through the normal process to log on to Morningstar.
When you get to the Morningstar screen, you should now be in the database.
If that doesn't answer your question, try searching for another question, or contact Help Desk
Last Updated July 31, 2008